Monday, July 13, 2009

Street Swing: Kansas City


Marc by Marc gives the perfect example of how to do punk right. 


This week I am writing you from my boyfriends tour bus in  Kansas City. Every time I visit this arty little town, I fall more and more in love with it. 

KC is known for its eclectic array of punk-rock fashionistas and more hair dye and piercings than the average person would know what to do with. Understandably, this is not everyones cup of tea. Though, I will tell you that I firmly believe,  punk rock (fashion) is far from dead. It's just a matter of how to work it out. And you, KC, have left me inspired. 

We all know there is something mysteriously, exciting about wearing the color black. Not only is it flattering,  no matter what the style,  you will be sure to feel a little more like a bad ass. Below gives a punk rock twist on the colorless color and a new way to wear it. 

Black Leather belt, blazer and black leggings. Throw a splash of neon underneath and you are ready to party. 


I am obsessed with the look below. British punk rock with lots of reds and navys will surely leave you classy and cool. I love the boots most of all. Check out JohnVarvatos.com for a similar look. 

Splashes of purple and pink almost always do the trick. Add a flower for a little rockabilly twist.
Visit us at PanacheStylists.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment